What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a set of transparent trays that gradually and gently shift the position of your teeth into appropriate alignment. The use of wires to move your teeth is no longer necessary. As you change your aligners every week, your teeth will gradually straighten since they are designed to produce the right amount of force for a set time frame. When necessary, your teeth will be moved horizontally, vertically, and even rotated.
After a series of aligners, you’ll have the perfectly straight teeth you wanted. You’ll enjoy the benefits of braces without having to wear them.
Is Invisalign Right For You?
It’s vital that you speak with your dentist or orthodontist to see if you’re a candidate for Invisalign. Certain circumstances may restrict you from receiving this type of dental care. Read below for some indicators that you might be a good candidate for Invisalign.
- Your Situation Is Not Complicated – Invisalign can correct most cases of misaligned teeth. The system can be used by those with underbites, overbites, crossbites, open bites, gaps, or crowded teeth. However, this does not imply that Invisalign will work for everyone.
- You are On Top Of It! – One of the reasons Invisalign is intended for adults above the age of 18 is that you must commit to wearing them for them to work. Because Invisalign trays are removable, you can take them out as often as you want. Wearing them on your teeth for a set amount of hours per day is required. This may call for you to wear them all of the time, except for when you eat.
- All Adult Teeth Are Present – Unless you have all of your adult teeth, most orthodontists will not treat your teeth cosmetically. This is due to the fact that they are unable to anticipate how children’s adult teeth will develop.
- Lifestyle – You can’t smoke or use tobacco because your Invisalign trays will be in for the majority of the day. This can cause problems with the trays, as well as make them unclean. If you smoke too much and don’t wear your trays when you smoke, your Invisalign may not be as successful as it could be since you aren’t wearing them for long enough during the day.
- Realistic Expectations – Your treatment can last anywhere from six to 18 months. This will also depend on the patient’s needs, and metal braces may be a better option if the patient has more complex dental concerns. Call our Medford Dentist office to talk about what options meet your expectations.
- Prepared to Pay a Greater Price – Braces can range in price from $2,500 to $6,000. Invisalign procedures, on the other hand, can cost anywhere from $3,000 to $8,000. If you have the option to choose Invisalign, this is the most popular choice.
Factors That Influence Wear Time
In two to three months, many people notice the initial benefits of Invisalign. However, several factors influence the length of Invisalign treatment. Because the Invisalign process is highly customized, your treatment could take a year while someone else’s could take two.
A few reasons your wear time may take longer than others is that the gaps or crowding are more serious. Treatment may take longer for teenagers than it does for adults in most cases. Because the aligners must be worn for at least 22 hours every day to be effective, this is the case.
Since teenagers aren’t always the most disciplined, they’re more likely to forget to wear their aligner trays. As a result, specialized teenager Invisalign aligner trays with compliance indicators have been developed.
Contact our Medford dentist office to speak about Invisalign today!