Invisible Orthodontic treatment
Everyone is dreaming of getting a perfectly aligned smile without needing veneers or mouth restoration. Do you think you are too old to go for orthodontic treatment, just for not wanting the conventional orthodontic braces or retainers to show? If yes, then the answer is in the Invisalign system
Orthodontics is not only braces, now clear invisible aligners are available to straighten your teeth. Invisalign is the safest, invisible way and painless procedure to level your teeth. It is the world’s most advanced digital orthodontics, with precise, predictable & gradual tooth movement in an efficient way, suitable for all ages.
In 1945, Dr. Kesseling predicted that modern technology will one day allow the use of a series of dental components that allow teeth movement. This technology enabled the realization of this vision. In 1998 Align Technology, Inc., which produces Invisalign, was founded.
The aligners consist of a series of transparent, changeable trays that adapt over the teeth to make them straight, they are perfectly custom made for you. Invisible cosmetic retainers are more tempting because they are hard to notice, compared to conventional metal braces.
Invisalign is a real goal booster where you are on your way to reaching your confident smile without anyone realizing it.
How effective is Invisalign treatment compared to the conventional orthodontic method?
- The same concept that applies to the traditional braces with wires and brackets works with Invisalign. They move the teeth within a controlled force. The main difference is that Invisalign not only controls the forces but also the timing of the process of the force. During each stage, only certain predetermined teeth can move. These movements are determined by the doctor when each patient’s Invisalign treatment is planned.
What to expect from your Invisalign orthodontic treatment?
- Enjoy your favorite food anytime without fearing that food will stick on your braces, these aligners are removable so you can brush and floss as usual for good oral health.
- Wearing Invisalign clear aligners made from medical grade polyurethane won’t hurt or sore your gums compared with braces, switching to a new tray with more tightness rarely cause pain or headaches.
- Evaluation of patient discomfort during treatment has demonstrated generally less discomfort than fixed appliances.
- Report on your progress and your smile transformation.
- No more brackets and wire-breaking issues and definitely fewer doctor visits.
Invisalign (Clear orthodontic aligners) steps and how it works?
- Your dentist takes x-rays, photographs, and impressions of your teeth.
- Creation of a 3D image on the screen where a detailed accurate treatment plan is established.
- Multiple custom-made clear invisible trays will be fabricated specifically for you, also allowing evaluation of the proposed post-treatment occlusion on-screen, before treatment begins.
- The number of serial devices for each patient is about 16 – 24 devices, where the patient wears these devices sequentially each device for two weeks.
- By wearing a new set of aligners, your teeth will start to move gradually until they are straightened into the position of the aligner, in the same time, this will be followed up by your doctor for any needed treatment plan modifications.
- The patient should remain in a specific appliance for 2 weeks to allow the appliance to recapture the tooth position.
- Treatment duration will vary from one patient to another depending on each one’s case and the amount of dedication they put into wearing their aligners.
- The patient wears this device full-time and only takes it off when food, drink, brushing teeth, and the treatment period of 9-15 months.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Invisalign Frees up your schedule with fewer visits to the clinic.
- One of the main advantages is that with up to 50% faster treatment times, Invisalign treatment is quicker than you think.
- Invisalign cuts down the time spent in the dental clinic, and by changing the set of aligners every 2-3 weeks, you are moving on to the following step in your treatment plan 2 weeks faster than the braces.
- Usually, the aligners can level your teeth from six months to a maximum year and a half.
What is the material Invisalign made from?
- Invisible Invisalign Orthodontic is made of thermoplastic material (Medical grade polyurethane) that has been developed specifically for Invisalign treatment. They look similar to tooth-whitening molds but stiffer and specially costumed according to your arch size.
Did the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approve the use of Invisalign?
- The ingredients of Invisalign have been classified as Level II medical devices by the FDA, and Align Technology Inc. has received the FDA 510K approval since 1998 to allow the marketing of the Invisalign System.
Does Invisalign suit you?
Your dentist will decide this depending on:
- Malocclusion has to be mild to intermediate crowding.
- Treatment outcome is highly dependent on clinician experience, as well as specific case selection which is determined by the dentist.
- The problems encountering are patients losing, not wearing their appliances for a sufficient time (at least 20 hours per day); this will lead to return to the previous stage. For this reason; appliances should not be discarded until the patients are at least two stages ahead.
- Patients who have complex malocclusions should understand that it may be necessary to place fixed appliances for several months either before or after the use of this appliance, to fulfill treatment goals.
What is the cost of Invisalign?
- Treatment cost, in general, varies depending on the situation and severity of the case.
What is the youngest age that can use Invisalign?
- Almost all patients over the age of 14 years can use Invisalign.
Is the treatment painful?
- The patient feels mild and temporary discomfort during the first days of treatment, such as a sense of pressure on the teeth and this is a sign that the device works and moves the teeth towards good condition.
Does the device affect pronunciation?
- Like the rest of any mobile dental prosthesis, Invisalign affects the pronunciation of some characters in a day or two and then the tongue gets used and the problems disappear.
Forget the traditional orthodontics method using the braces. Ask your Medford dentist about the almost invisible Invisalign, for a fast, efficient, and easy, and time-saving teeth straightening. It is considered a revolutionary step in orthodontics.