A beautiful smile can change everything about how people perceive you. Dental veneers may be the answer if you’re looking for a cosmetic enhancement that will boost your self-confidence and make it easier to smile.
Dental veneers can be placed in as little as one visit, and they come in a variety of shapes and sizes that will allow you to find the perfect fit for your mouth. This blog post will cover everything you need to know about dental veneers – from how much they cost, what the procedure is like, and more.
What Are Dental Veneers?
A dental veneer is a thin covering that can be placed over the front of your tooth to improve its appearance. They are typically made out of porcelain, although in some cases, ceramic or resin might also be used, depending on what will work best for you.
They are strong and durable but still manage to look natural when placed over your teeth. Dental veneers are an effective way to improve the look of your smile, especially when you have chipped or discolored teeth that affect how confident you feel about yourself.
Materials Used to Fabricate Dental Veneers
One of the choices you’ll have to make when getting dental veneers is the type of material used to fabricate them. The two most common materials are porcelain and resin.
Duration: Often takes two to three visits to complete
Durability: 10 to 15 years
Porcelain has a very natural appearance and can be matched to the color of your teeth perfectly. It’s also quite durable and resistant to staining, making it a good choice for those who like to drink coffee or red wine. Porcelain veneers can also be used for cosmetic changes, including lengthening, shortening, reshaping the tooth surface, and changing its shape.
Duration: One visit is enough to complete the treatment.
Durability: 4 to 7 years
Resin veneers are made from a light-cured resin applied to the tooth and then sculpted into shape. It’s not as durable as porcelain, but it still has excellent properties such as translucency which allows them to look like natural teeth.
Types of Dental Veneers
You may also have to choose one of the three most common types of dental veneers. These include:
- MAC: These dental veneers are made from a metal alloy. The alloy is then melted and cast into shape to fit the teeth. MAC veneers are extremely strong and durable and are often preferred for their aesthetic appeal.
- Lumineers: These are similar to the standard porcelain veneers. The only difference is that they’re extra thin and don’t require much trimming of the natural teeth.
- Da Vinci Veneers: These are similar to lumineers but even thinner and more stain resilient than standard porcelain veneers. They are the most sought-after among cosmetic dentists.
Ultimately, your choice of dental veneers will come down to your preference and what is best for your teeth.
Dental Issues That Dental Veneers Can Fix
So, which issues can dental veneers fix? Veneers can resolve many cosmetic and structural problems that affect the teeth, including:
- Chipped teeth
- Worn enamel
- Discolored teeth
- Abnormal spacing
- Misshapen teeth
- Uneven teeth
However, veneers are not the best option for every dental issue. For example, in severe cases of tooth decay, a dental crown may be a better option.
Porcelain veneers often take two to three visits to complete. You should expect the following:
- Consultation and planning: During your initial consultation with your Medford Dentist, you will discuss your goals for treatment, and the dentist will take x-rays and photographs of your teeth. This information is used to create a customized treatment plan that meets your specific needs.
- Preparation: The tooth or teeth being treated are prepared by removing a small amount of enamel, which is necessary to fit the veneers. Your dentist will then make an impression of your teeth and send it to the dental lab, where the veneers are created to fit over each tooth you want corrected.
- Temporary veneer placement: You’ll get a temporary veneer to wear while your permanent ones are being made.
- Permanent placement: When the permanent dental veneers arrive from the lab, you’ll come back in for a final appointment so that your dentist can place them on your teeth.
Your Medford Dentist will also include you in color and shape decisions for your dental veneers. This way, you’re sure to be happy with the final product.
How Much Do Dental Veneers Cost?
The cost of your dental veneers will depend on how much work you need to be done and which part of the country you live in. Your choice of dental veneer material also affects the cost. For example, porcelain dental veneers will be more expensive than composite veneers. However, on average, dental veneers cost between $1000 and $2000 per tooth.
Learn More About Dental Veneers
If you believe dental veneers could be a good option for you, contact us today to schedule an appointment. Our staff will do their best to answer your questions and ensure you receive the help and guidance you need throughout the entire process.